Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Calm Before The Storm

So this will be brief and I apologize for the lack of pictures, especially of Hazel. I am prepping for my family reunion which I am in charge of, so I had to make this quick.

One story of Levi... the potty training took a downward spiral last week when he had a little bit of trauma to a private area. While Justin was shaving and taking care of Hazel, Levi was in the living room watching a show (naked as a jay bird since he just got out of the shower). He saw two Popsicle sticks on the coffee table, and for whatever reason stuck them up his rear. Well, he pulled them out and started screaming. Justin came in and tried to figure out what happened, all he knew was Levi was screaming and bleeding pretty bad from his rear. I was at garage sales, so he called me and I came right home. He had got him calmed down by then and finally figured out what he had done. I was able to look at him and do a decent inspection to determine that he had cut himself but not done any serious damage, and that nothing was still up there. I also had my brother-in-law (doctor in training) take a look at him and give me a similar assessment, but with some good instructions and things to look for. Luckily it was just a cut and nothing serious! I still can't fathom why he did it. Well, we were already having issue with him going #2 in the toilet, and now it is pretty much impossible. He is doing alright with the #1 in the toilet, and doing better about telling us too. Although he is still having a few accidents a day. But we are trying to be patient and not get too mad at him. I know the real struggle is getting him to go #2, and I keep waiting for signs that, that is a possibility.

Hazel is talking lots more lately and has learned to blow raspberries, which seems to be her favorite thing. She is still teething (going on two months now!) with no signs of teeth other than swollen gums, fussiness, and drooling. Levi had broken two teeth by now and had two more on the way, but I've known some kids who got them much later, so I am not worried. She is a sweetheart, but is definitely her momma and daddy's girl. She does warm up to others, but her favorite place is with her mom and dad. It is so cute when she has us both because she'll look at me then Justin, me then Justin... like she doesn't know who she wants more. It is adorable!

Well that is all this week, more to come after the reunion!

No comments: