Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Stroke of Chance

So I have been gone for a while, I realize, and I apologize. Many things have happened, and I plan to showcase them all. First of all, in early May my mother suffered a double stroke followed by a hemorrhage. Thankfully, and due to strong medicine and hundreds of prayers for her, she has practically fully recovered. In my (non-medical) opinion she is back to normal, and was only a few weeks after it happened. Essentially she had lost her ability to speak, nothing else, she just couldn’t talk. They gave her the meds, and we waited. About an hour after the medicine kicked in, my mom said my son’s name. And then the next morning I woke up to my mom calling me on the phone to say, “Daphne, I love you.” The best phrase I had heard in a what had seemed like an eternity! They weren’t sure if she would ever recover, and here she was saying my name less than 24 hours after it happened. The whole experience was terrifying, eye-opening, and thrilling all in one.  I’m glad it it all over, but it is an experience my family will never forget. Here is my mom a a few days after the stroke with my Uncle (her brother) and Aunt who came down from the Seattle area. Looks amazing if you ask me!

downsize2

1 comment:

Braydon, Jessica, Bentley and Lincoln Bonham said...

We're so happy she is doing great now! Heart moms!!