Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Missing Camera

I wrote this on Monday, but I couldn't find my camera to send out pictures, that's why its late!

So most of last week we spent hauling logs from a neighbor of my parents, to my parents house. It was just down the street, but it still took 7.5 car loads full (My mom drives a Jeep Cherokee, and the back end was full) to haul it all. They rented a splitter and we got all of those logs split on Friday night. Saturday my dad took out the chain saw and cut up a few trees that fell in their backyard, and we were at the splitter again. I mostly sat there manning the splitter, my mom loaded logs into the splitter, and my dad and Justin did the grunt work (well my mom did grunt work too.. she had to lift the logs into the splitter). My sister-in-law Katie helped on Saturday as well. We seemed to have a good system going. My two nephews we cute, Robert even helped stack wood for a time. Calvin loved to watch the splitter, but Levi hates loud noises so he kept his distance most of the time.

On Saturday he played in the sandbox most of the time, where he could see us but not be involved. That was Ducks game day (since the Beavs played on Thursday), and Levi didn't have a yellow and green shirt. So Justin printed the Duck logo out and taped it to a yellow shirt Levi had. It was cute, but still doesn't motivate me to buy Levi a Duck shirt. I'm insistent he'll be a Beaver fan! His aunts and uncles graduated from there, and his dad will graduate from there, so it would only make sense he would be an OSU fan, right?


On Thursday I celebrated my 26th birthday. Turns out I was 26 weeks pregnant too, so cool! I started the day by being woke up by Levi and Hazel (kicking her heart out) at 6 AM, so no sleeping in on my birthday! My mom took me out to breakfast at a really good restaurant here in town, great food! We then did some shopping and then she had to go to work. Later that evening my mom, dad, Justin, Levi, and I went mini-golfing. My mom won, and I came in second. In reality we probably were closer in score to Justin and my dad, but we fudged a little. After that was pizza and the OSU football game at my apartment. My family came, and Justin's little sister and mom came. It was a full house. I had fun, but it would have been better if OSU had actually played and won a good game of football.


Speaking of which, college football has begun which means my husband's brain will be gone every Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I still love watching college football, but I will never be as "into it" as he is. I would say its a guy thing, but I've known too many guys who really don't care about sports, so I think its more a Justin thing. At least he doesn't have a brother playing high profile high school football as well. Then I would lose him most of the weekend.

One problem Justin and I have been dealing with lately is our downstairs neighbor (again, but different tenant). They smoke inside their apartment and it seeps in through our vents. So periodically during the day it smells like someone is smoking in our apartment. We've talked to the managers and sent a letter to the tenant, but to no avail. So we are looking to move out. We've been looking around Corvallis and think we may have found a great place. They are a larger complex with very similar amenities. They have a pool, sauna, clubhouse, no smoking inside the apartments, and washer/dryer hook-ups. They are townhouses, and have a little bit more space than what we have here (but some of that is used up in the stairs and laundry area). They have 1.5 baths, so that would be nice too. They are really close to shopping (as in right behind), and within walking distance to church if we wanted. They are a little more a month in rent, but we are hoping that the student loans and grants we are getting will help cover this cost. That and we are getting a nice neighborhood, a washer and dryer, and a smoke free home... so its worth it! For those wondering where I am talking about it is called Forest Green Townhouses, right behind/beside the WinCo complex. The only catch is there are currently no openings or prospects for openings. So we'll check back about once a month, save our money, look for a washer and dryer, and say some prayers that we can get one soon. We would have to make the move in one weekend since Justin would only be able to help move Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. We have great home teachers that I know would help, and our families are great when it comes to moving, so I am sure we could get all the big and major stuff moved in one day, and then spend the next day cleaning the old apartment. So another adventure awaits us ahead!

3 comments:

crooksportsnet said...

Just so you know all I want for my birthday now is duck shirt for Levi. There is nothing wrong with supporting the Ducks and the Beavers. It's only fair. Plus he will decide later on who he wants to be a fan of.

The Deans said...

I am laughing at Justin's comment. That is exactly how Skipper and I are with Madeline (BYU vs. Satan's school) :)

I really hope that you can move into that new place! We love having more room and 2 bathrooms! Well you finally put some pictures up of you and you look like a cute little pregnant gal!

Kate the Great said...

Who's 'Crooksportnet'? Is that Justin?