Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Events

Well not much happened during this past week, but the weekend was eventful. On Thursday however I had yet another OB appointment (they are weekly now). The doctor told me that Hazel felt small. Which I found odd because she feels bigger to me than Levi did, and during the whole pregnancy she's measured larger than normal. One theory is that she's dropped, and that is why she "feels" small. I think this is the best option because when I walk it feels like someone is pushing a bowling ball between my legs. They are having me do an in-office ultrasound this upcoming Friday (my next appointment) to see if she's dropped or if she really is small. When I asked what it would mean if she was "too small", the doctor said it could mean she is under-developed or it could me nothing at all. So then I asked if she is under-developed won't she just develop by her due date. The answer was 'Most likely'. So then my next thought was, why do the ultrasound at all. But I didn't ask that. Anyway, so I am not worried at all, instead I'll just be excited to have another look at her before she comes!

On Friday we picked my mom up at the airport. She returned from a two week trip to Peru. She travelled with her siblings and mom. They did a bunch of touring and had a fairly busy schedule. She had lots of cool stories and fun pictures to share. She brought back trinkets and such for me and my siblings. All the girls got a sweater, and all the men got a leather belt. Justin and I both like our gifts very much! Levi was thrilled to see his Nana after the two weeks. When we were picking her up he ran after her as soon as he saw her. This made him run past the 'Do Not Enter' sign at the security check point. You should have seen the reaction from the two security guards. You would have thought a terrorist was running by. They both jerked in his direction and put their hand to their "weapon", I think a stun-gun. Now granted, at times, I want to use a stun-gun on my two-year-old, but really do we need to treat him like that? It was funny to watch though.

Saturday was just some garage-sales and shopping with my mom. Catching up on the three weekends we missed doing both. In the morning we took Levi to the local library where they were having a couple model train sets on display. Levi was in heaven! He didn't want to leave, naturally. Since then he keeps asking to go see the trains again. Maybe someday Levi. We had my niece's birthday in the evening, but otherwise uneventful.

Sunday I was able to get out and take some more autumn pictures, so I hope you enjoy. If you want to see all of the shots, go here: http://picasaweb.google.com/JustDaCrooks/November2008

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

The Deans said...

I always felt like Madeline was a small baby, and boy was she!! But since you feel like she his bigger than Levi I wouldn't worry. Getting an extra ultrasound is always fun though!

Haley said...

That whole bowling ball thing does not sound fun...not really looking forward to that.....Haha. Hope you guys are doing well! You are getting so close! See you guys in December!