Wednesday, November 19, 2008

News News News

Well we have had a week full of news, but not so much events.

Last week Justin's brother Neil found out he would be going to Mesa, Arizona to serve a mission for our church. He'll leave in mid-February. Justin served in the Phoenix mission, so he is really excited about Neil's call and has been talking to him about it a lot. He even tried to teach him some Navajo words.

Later in the week we found out that one of my mom's brothers was called by President Uchtdorf to be a mission president. So two mission calls in one week! He doesn't know where he is going yet, just that it'll be English-speaking. He finds out early next year, and will be in the mission in July of next year. Justin thinks it'll be funny if he is the Mesa, Arizona mission president. But I think that is a long shot.

In other news a week or so ago at my OB appointment the doctor told me Hazel felt small and wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure she was okay. I wasn't worried, it didn't sound serious at all. Its a good thing I didn't freak out either. Then at my appointment this week, the woman doing the ultrasound said that she looked five weeks too small and that they may have to induce me to make sure she is healthy. She opted to send me over to the hospital for a full ultrasound to make sure. Well, then I started to worry. I wanted Hazel to be born any time now, but mostly I wanted a healthy baby. So yesterday I had my ultrasound and they said she was measuring right on target for 38 weeks, and she looked very healthy. She was also measuring 7 pounds 3 ounces by the measurements that they took, which is very normal and sounds a lot like Levi. I did get some pictures out of the ordeal, which is nice. I've never had shots this late. However, they had to press hard in very sensitive areas to get all the shots they needed, leaving me feeling bruised and battered a little. But Hazel is fine, her head is down and she is ready to come at any point. I think it'll still be close to two weeks from now (I'm still hoping for 11-29), so we'll see! One picture is her profile, and the other is looking at her face-on.


That's our week, hope yours is great too!

1 comment:

The Deans said...

I can't believe it will be anyday now! Woohoo!! I just hope it is after Thanksgiving so you can have a nice turkey dinner instead of being in labor :)!!