Tuesday, April 14, 2009

100th Post

Yea! 100 posts!!!
Happy belated Easter to all!
We have had a great week full of hellos and goodbyes. On Tuesday my mom headed out to Chicago for a week and a half to see my sister and her family for Easter. Out in Idaho, Justin's brother's wife gave birth to their first child, Allison Kelly, on Thursday April 9th. Meanwhile, here in Corvallis my sister Alicen gave birth to her fifth child, Abigail Elise, on Friday April 10th.
Allison Kelly
Abigail Elise
We took Levi on Saturday to a local Easter Egg Hunt with his cousins. He enjoyed himself, but it was really crowded and they kept running out of eggs. I don't blame them at all, a lot of kids were taking more than they were allowed to. However, I discovered one that happens at 1 pm at Albertsons and I think that will be the one we go to next year. They had the Easter Bunny, free hot dogs for the kids, face painting, an Easter egg hunt, door prizes, and a BBQ. Oh, and police and their dogs were there with McGruff the Crime Dog. Everything was free except the BBQ and door prizes. All proceeds went to the local Humane Society.

Later that day we decorated eggs. Levi loved it! He thought the whole thing was the coolest ever! We got some foil like we did last year, so we did quite a few eggs with that. Later on I used most of the eggs for Deviled eggs.

Speaking of food, we ate at my in-laws this year, and I made orange duck. I've made it before, but this was the first time without my mom helping me out. She and my sister were there for verbal assistance, but I really did most of it on my own. It turned out great, and the meal was wonderful! We had so much yummy food, I could have made myself sick.

We did get all dressed up for Easter, and I would have to say we all looked sharp! Hazel was the cutest by far! Her little bonnet was a hit with all! Levi looked so dashing in his vest and tie. And I think Justin looked really handsome in his too! I didn't get pictures of just Levi, but when he wears the outfit again I will be sure to take pictures for you all.
We had a great Easter, and we hope you all did too!

4 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

gorgeous foil eggs! I have never seen that before, I love it! And woo-hoo, you look hot in those family pics! What a gorgeous fam you have :-)

Kari said...

Cute family pictures!

Haley said...

Hazel is getting so big! She is so cute, we are excited to see you guys this summer.

The Deans said...

Orange Duck...I can say I have never tried it... How did Justin feel about eating his mascot? :)

They are cute family pictures. We forgot to take pictures of Madeline in her dress but I am sure she will wear it again!