Monday, December 31, 2007

Long Time Gone


I know it's been a long time since I've written, sorry. I'll try and recap everything, but mostly its just going to be tidbits. The picture of Levi making a weird face is a new one of his. He does it randomly, but I think it's his 'surprise' face. We got all dolled up for the Sunday before Christmas, as is tradition with us, and I think our outfits looked great!


A few days before Christmas Levi became quite sick. He remained so, and still is sick. He is doing much better now, but still has some residual sickness. He was vomiting, coughing, he had a sore throat (we assume), a fever, and some serious head congestion. We tried a few different medicines, and even took him in to be seen after a nurse gave me a scare and said she thought he was wheezing and it could be bad news. Turned out he was fine, just the flu or cold or something. Better to be safe than sorry. But if Levi looks a little pale or sad it is because he wasn't feeling well.


For Christmas Eve we spent the whole day with Justin's family in Albany. His older sister and one brother weren't able to make it, but we look forward to seeing them in the future! Levi played a lot with his aunts and uncles, as well as his cousin Bentley, who is right around his age. They are always so adorable together.


Justin's family does the Nativity story every year, and acts each part out (while video taping it all). Justin was a wise man, and I played one of the hosts of angels. Levi was supposed to be a sheep, but since he didn't feel good, he wandered off a lot. Here are some shots of us all decked out!


Christmas morning we spent at our house opening gifts and such, and then headed to Justin's parents for most of the day. We then ate Christmas dinner with my sister and parents and played some games in the evening. It was a wonderful Christmas, and I look forward to many more happy times with our families!


This past week has been recuperation mostly. Levi is still trying to get better, and I am mostly trying to get myself motivated. Justin is not looking forward to this next term, which will begin in a week, but he is basking in these last few moments he has off.
We took down all our Christmas decorations today, and started getting our apartment back to the normal look. Although, I think I liked having all the decorations up better.
Levi has progressed a lot in his vocabulary lately. In fact the other morning he came into the bedroom where I was sleeping and cuddled up with me. Then Justin came in and pulled him away to let me sleep. Well Levi wriggled and screamed 'Help me Mommy! Help me!' So Justin let him come back and he snuggled again. Justin waited a bit and then tried again to pull him away. Levi repeated the same phrase. So Justin let him snuggle a bit longer, and then picked him up. He seemed fine, but when Justin left the room Levi squealed and asked for me. So Justin let him get down and Levi came into the bedroom and shut the door behind him and said, 'Bye-bye Daddy!' It is so cute to watch him understand and comprehend sentences now! Also, he is counting up to 12! And he is actually counting, not just repeating words. He will sit and count his crayons, blocks, anything really. He is getting better with colors, but still gets a few confused. I'm still working with him, and persistence is key! Another cute thing he loves to do is sing along with his favorite shows. He knows Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Wonder Pets. He likes other shows too, but he sings along with these the most! I have tried to catch it on video, but to no avail. I'll keep trying and hopefully send one to you all!
I hope all of your Christmases were merry and bright! And to all a Wonderful new year!









1 comment:

The Deans said...

I wish that we could've been there for Christmas! It looked like so much fun. I hope that Levi is doing better.