Sunday, February 3, 2008

Birthday Week

You how sometimes you feel like nibbling but then once you taste it, you bit off more than you can chew? That was my week! I love projects. I love crafts. I love making things myself. So at first I was planning to just draw and color some Thomas things for Levi's party, but my week became a mass amount of projects that all seemed to culminate on Friday. This week brought more snow, so I could not go to my parents house, where most of my supplies were to my projects. This meant I had to wait until Thursday and Friday to do all my projects that needed to be done by Saturday. I had to blow up balloons (which never got done), bake and decorate a train cake for Levi, build Levi his art desk, draw, color, and cutout trains for the party, create a Thomas DVD for the party, do some touch up work on his railway, wrap his presents, and do any last minute shopping needed. All of this with my house slowly getting more and more dirty. In fact my clean laundry is still waiting to be folded from Thursday.


Although I was pressed for time, and very stressed on Friday, Levi's party was a total success. More than I could have wanted! He has several friends from church show up, as well as his cousins, and various family. My brother found his ride-along train which was the hit of the party. It is a mini train that kids can ride on. We also had Thomas shows, coloring pages, and Levi's railway for the kids to play with. All the kids had a great time, and I am so glad he had so many friends to play with. Levi was so excited he didn't know what to do with himself. When he opened all his gifts he was completely overwhelmed, as was I by the amount of gracious gifts he had. I can garauntee he loves each and every toy and item he recieved. I think he has play with each one at least twice since yesterday! My sister-in-law took pictures, so I hope to get more soon. Next week will probably have some left-over birthday pictures for you. If anyone else took pictures, please send them to me!!





Levi has had many cute moments this past week, but here are a couple! One night he didn't want me to leave him alone to go to sleep (which is unusual because he loves to go to bed at night). So I laid next to him and put my arm around him. Every time I would pull my arm away he would grab it and put it back. I had laid there for about fifteen minutes and decided I should leave. So I whispered in his ear 'Good night. Momma loves you.' To my surprise and utter delight he whispered back 'Ni-Night.' And I then left him alone. What a sweetheart.

Another time he was in his room for some quiet time (he was supposed to be taking a nap, but he decided to play instead). He was in there playing and having a good time when all the sudden he broke out into the A-B-C song. He only knows a few letters, but he has the tune down perfect! It was so cute to listen to him sing. He also knows "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", which is the same tune, but he knows the words to this one. He can be so cute!

Justin recieved a letter this week inviting him to join the honor society! We were very excited for him, as this would be the first time he made it to an honor society. We are going to join, since we know it will look good for him down the road. He's been doing well in school, and seems to be managing the term quite well. I know he'll keep his GPA up!

Well that was my week in a nutshell. Hope you all are well!

1 comment:

The Deans said...

Happy birthday Levi!! Can you believe that you have a 2 year old! I have a little something for him, lucky guy, but of course I have misplaced your address... could you email it to me!!