Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yeah for Tax Returns!

Well this last week went alright, but most of our life was put on hold until we got our tax return. Luckily we are able to put a lot away in savings so we don't have to skimp along any more. So yeah for tax returns!

My mom headed out to Chicago to visit my sister for the week... leaving me jealous with her daily updates. I loved Chicago when I went the first time, and I would love to go back someday! Just to hear her talk about the food she's eating makes my mouth water. Those of you who have been to Chicago know what I am talking about. She comes home in a week, so just one week of torture coming up!

We have been looking to get a small dog as a pet for Levi, but to no avail! Levi loves animals, so it only seemed fit to get him a friend. Unfortunately we need one that is free, fixed, and potty trained.... VERY hard to come by. So we'll keep an eye and ear open, but I think we'll just have to keep waiting.

Levi got to try out his tricycle this week, and he seemed to really enjoy himself. He couldn't fully reach the pedals at times, so I think I'll have to add wooden blocks to help him out. We were mostly trying to help him learn how to use the pedals, and I think he might be getting the hang of it. We'll see how he does over the next couple weeks after I add the wooden blocks.

Another Levi adventure was the baseboard heater. Over the summer he would put things into the heaters, which was no big deal since they were off. However I foresaw a problem in the winter and tried to deter him all together. I thought I had succeeded, but the other day he found his ear thermometer and put it in the heater. Luckily the heating elements are fine... but our poor (and only) thermometer is not. Just one more expense I guess.

Levi has been quite cute lately in playing and entertaining himself. He loves his trains and will randomly sit and play with them without wanting mommy or daddy to help. He makes up stories and situations all on his own, and it is really cute to watch them play out. He also likes to scream and run into the back rooms (indicating he wants to play with you, and you should chase him). He is recently learning his body parts and loves to point to ears, heads, and noses (and tell you what they are). He also loves to point to yours or his nose and say 'honk!' It is the cutest thing!

My big endeavor is my calling as Camp Director. We have been trying to plan a fund raiser for the girls, and we had a couple great ideas. Unfortunately after I had done a lot of planning on one the bishop and YW President decided it wasn't the best idea and canceled it. So now we are doing a silent auction that I am trying to get going. I have the list made and set, but now I have the execution and that is where the stress will come I'm sure.

These last shots are of a project I finished a couple weeks ago for my mom. They aren't anything fancy, just something my mom can hang in her house. I also made them so she could add more grandchildren as they come (since I know I'll have more, and two of my siblings are currently expecting).
We are all well, and we hope you are too!

1 comment:

Marlies said...

Hey! An idea for the fundraiser. Our girls have done a spaghetti dinner (with salad, spaghetti, and bread stick) for years and they also have a silent auction at the dinner. They charge something like $5 a plate and $15 for a family. In addition sometimes they have added a cake/cookie auction and that has yielded quite a bit of money also. Just some ideas for you.