Monday, February 18, 2008

Sickness and Valentines

So it has been a couple weeks again. Both Levi and were pretty sick for a while there, so that is the reason for delay. Nothing serious, just the flu or something. I will try and touch on some things that happened the past couple weeks, but I may forget something (medicine can do that).

About a week and a half ago Levi and I went to watch two of my nieces in their karate class. Levi behaved a lot better than I thought he would. He was very entertained by the kids chopping and kicking and saying 'Hi-ya!' In fact, about half way through he caught on to when they would grunt and yell, and he joined in every time. It was the cutest thing. I looked into it, and he can start a class called Little Dragons as early as 3 and a half years, so I may enroll him in that when the time comes.

Levi also had his 2-year check up last week, and we found out he looks great! His imagination is wonderful, his motor skills are great, his vocabulary is right on track, he has tons of teeth, and his height and weight are still in the upper percentiles. He is almost 3 feet tall (35 inches)! We love our pediatrician, and I'm glad Levi actually enjoys these visits (until the shots that is).

Our Valentines Day was split up over a couple days. Justin had to work that evening, so when he got home we spent some time together. On Sunday my parents took Levi to family dinner and Justin cooked me dinner. We had a wonderful meal and watched the movie 'No Reservations'. It was a good movie. It had some funny parts, some sad parts, and some happy parts. I'm not sure what genre it was, but I still enjoyed the movie. After Levi came home we all ate a special cake I made for Justin. It was yellow cake with cookie dough ice cream in the center. Everyone loved it (especially Levi). I'm really glad my mom got me the special cake pan so I can make these kinds of cakes!



Justin and I are big 'Monk-a-files'! For those who don't know what that means, we love to watch the TV show 'Monk'. It is about an obsessive detective who has several quirks and numerous phobias which ultiamtely allow him to solve the cases. It is a good clean show to watch for those interested (Grandma, think of a modern day Murder, She Wrote). It is on the USA network, and you would have to look it up online for local listings. Anyway, I share this simply because most of Justin and my evenings after his work are spent watching re-runs and such. This has resulted in us picking up some of his traits. So if you see us picking a speck of lint off something, remind us we are not Monk!

I think that is all from us this week. Hope you all are well!

2 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

That cake is SO COOL!! I love it! What kind of a pan does that? How does it work? The cake is sooo cute, I love it! And Levi is slightly cute as well.... ;-)

The Deans said...

So cute. My parents said you were over watching Monk tonight. I like that show too. We are excited to see you all in a couple weeks!