Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And So It Begins (or continues??)

So today was eventful for Levi and I although we didn't leave the house. In the morning I built a fort for Levi with blankets and chairs. The only entrance was through the coffee table. He loved it, and even pulled me in there with him at one point. He loved that he was hidden and could play.

The other event was not so much fun for me. I was on the computer trying to get Justin's Spring school schedule squared away and Levi was going back and forth between the living room and dinning rooms. I had taken off his pants because he kept pulling them off, and since we were staying in I didn't think he needed to keep them on. I had also just barely taken off his shirt because I was about to give him a bath when Justin reminded me that I had to register him for classes. So he had on his socks and a diaper. While, unbeknownst to me when he was in the dinning room playing with trains he took off his diaper. Then, also unbekownst to me, he came and sat on our recliner in the buff. I heard him grunting and groaning, so I knew he was going #2. However, I didn't know he was naked. I cannot see the front of the recliner from the computer since its back is facing me. So I just was waiting for him to be done before checking on him. He then got up (when he was done going potty) and went over to our vacuum and tried to stuff his poop down the tube. I turned around at this point and saw what was happening. Levi, in his cuteness, just looked up at me and said, 'Thank you!' Indicating he didn't want the poop on his hands. When he doesn't want something he will hand it to you and say thank you... this is what he was trying to do with the poop. Thank-goodness he did this because it kept me from flipping my lid. I just told him that it was not okay and took him to the shower. While he was in there I cleaned up the recliner, vacuum, and floor (as I carried him to the bathroom little droplets of poop kept falling). I then met him in the shower and finished cleaning him, explaining again that what he did was not okay. I know I need to get going on potty-training him, but this does not make me feel encouraged at all!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh gross! Kids are always pulling the unexpected, eh?

Hawaii Monkeys said...

oh my goodness, not fun! You might have inspired me to tell our poop stories-- yes, more than one, (sigh) so don't feel too bad, Levi's not the only one.