Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Week

Well my week was full and wonderful! Justin had all his finals Monday - Wednesday. He did as well as he thought he did (although he doesn't give himself enough credit). But next term should be more of a cake-walk. We were able to change his schedule so he could be home more often. He accepted a new shift at work that will be from 5 AM to 1:30 PM. I then was able to get all his classes in the afternoon with the latest one ending at 6 PM. This will allow him to be home for dinner and some quality family time, which we all have been wanting. I am just worried about next fall. He has to take biology, chemistry, and physics, and I am not sure we can get all those classes in the afternoon. But we'll see!
Some excitement started on Thursday for our family as my brother's wife went into labor. This would normally just be wonderful, but she was one month early. After her 42-hour labor (you heard me right) she had little baby Benjamin Alma Carleski. He was born at almost 10 AM on Saturday March 22nd. He was plenty big enough (6 1/2 lbs.) but his lungs weren't fully developed so he had to be connected to some tubes and such to help him out. However, I spoke to Katie today and he is off all the tubes and she is able to feed him. Such a wonderful blessing! Thanks to all for your prayers! It was a special event also because my brother's birthday was on Saturday as well. So we now have two Benjamins with the same birthday... and their father and son!



Also on Thursday Levi and Justin had eye appointments. Justin picked up a prescription for glasses (which we are picking up tomorrow), and Levi went nuts! He did not like all the tests they did. However, we found out his vision is better than normal for his age. Considering neither Justin nor my eyesight went bad until we were in our early 20's, it is not surprising. Justin wasn't thrilled about getting glasses, but he doesn't have to wear them all the time, so he is fine with it.

Saturday morning I took Levi to an Easter egg hunt. He loved picking up all the eggs, and just ran around screaming 'Egg-ies!' Later on we went to my parents and dyed eggs. She had one kit that allowed you to dye the egg and then put foil on them. These were my favorites! That evening we all went out to a Japanese Steakhouse (think Bene Hana's) for my brother's birthday and celebrating his son's birth. We left all the kids with babysitters, so it was nice to get out just adults.

Sunday went well. Levi found his Easter basket pretty quick, but Justin took at least ten minutes to find his. He only found it when I did the 'hot, cold, warmer' thing with him. We hide Easter baskets instead of eggs, as tradition. Church was nice, with wonderful talks. Justin got a surprise from my dad who asked him to sing with the choir a song he hadn't rehearsed. He was a good sport and agreed. He did just fine, and it kept Levi quiet for a time. After church I offered to "trim" Justin's hair. He said I could do whatever I wanted. So I had wanted to shave his head for a while, so I did. So he is bald once again. I think we'll do this once a year, but next time not so early in the year. I am trying to convince him to grow a goatee, but we'll see. Dinner that evening was delicious! The company was wonderful, and it was nice to have my grandma down there.
We hope you all are well!

3 comments:

The Perkes Family said...

Hey Justin--it's your cousin, Britta. I saw your blog when I was visiting my friends, the Young's, blog. Wow, it has been a long time since I have seen you. I barely recognized you. What a beautiful family you have. Glad everything is going well.

Jocelyn said...

Your little guy looks so much like his Mommy in that Easter picture! What a cutie!

The Deans said...

Daphne congratulations!!! I didn't get to talk to you but we are so excited for you. I know that you have wanted another baby for awhile. Levi is going to be such a great big brother! I'm putting my bets in know that you are having a girl!!!