Monday, March 10, 2008

More Sickies

This past week was full of nice weather again... but mostly sickies! Levi and I were quite sick and spent most days laying on the couch watching TV. I started out with a sore throat and Levi was flu-like sick. Then Levi got my mom and dad sick, and he then got me sick. My mom is still trying to get over her bug, but Levi and I seem to have it beat now. We both still have some nasal congestion and a cough, but we are feeling much better.

We went to my nieces' Karate Extravaganza on Saturday and it was so fun to watch all the little kids be tough and disciplined. I can't wait for Levi to get involved in those sorts of things. Justin and I got talking about all the organizations we want to encourage our children to be a part of: karate, gymnastics, t-ball, football, soccer, basketball, girl/boy scouts, 4H, etc. I am so excited to have Levi doing all these things (if he is interested).


Sunday brought wonderful weather, and a trip to Albany for dinner with Justin's family. It is always nice to spend time with them, and we are so lucky to be close enough to drop by. We watched some old family videos which mostly made me laugh at Justin as a child. He kept claiming Nia (his older sister) was out to get him. Yet as I watched the videos I noticed that about half of what he claimed was malicious behavior was an accident or misunderstanding (I got your back Nia). But the times Nia was a little on the feisty side, it was hilarious to look back on. Justin didn't think so, but I think he was just being a stick in the mud!

Today started out nice, and still is, but it is sprinkling too (but 65 degrees isn't bad, huh?). I took Levi to the OSU Lambing Barns with some friends from church. OSU has sheep for their agriculture and veterinary schools, and every spring they have lambs. They open it to the public for about 3 weeks so school kids and little toddlers can come and see the animals. If you're lucky you'll get to see a sheep give birth! We couldn't stay long, but he loved it. They are open until the 28th, so we'll have to go back again sometime.

No comments: