Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ups and Downs

Well there have been a lot this past week. Mostly cute moments from Levi, as I was typically found on the couch or hugging the toilet... ah the joys of pregnancy. Early in the week my family was together and Levi put on his superman cape and was running around with his cousins. Out of the blue he announced his name was 'Super-Bean', and continued to run around. My mom calls him Bean sometimes (I don't know where it came from), and it was cute that he made the connection all on his own. Now, whenever he wants to wear his cape, he'll come up to me and chant SuperBean until I put the cape on.

Another thing Levi loves to do is sing. His favorite songs are the Alphabet song, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and lately the Happy Birthday song. I caught him in the shower singing a little of all three. I enclosed the video for you all. See if you can pick out all three songs. He's pretty good with his pitch and tone, I think he'll be as good a singer as his mom and dad are.

We had a slight scare this week when Levi fell down my mom's stairs. Levi was heading downstairs (nothing to worry about, he does it all the time just fine), and my sister Alicen was already down there. She said that she saw him coming, and then he fell and did a somersault down the stairs until he landed at the bottom on his forehead. She was in shock, and it seemed Levi was too because he just starred at her. She picked him up and brought him upstairs to me. As soon as he saw me he started crying, but all in all he was okay. He had a big bump that became a big bruise, but otherwise no worse. He is very lucky, it could have been so much worse.

Well, with my nausea and vomiting, Levi has been the best little helper I have. When I am perched around the toilet he'll come in and put one hand on my back and peer into the toilet at what I am doing. Occasionally he'll pat my back, but mostly he'll flush the toilet, which doesn't help me much. Another sweet thing he did was when I was laying on the couch. I jokingly asked him to make me something to eat. He picked up his bag of Cheetos and gave them to me. I was so impressed that he really tried to help me out, even if I can't eat them. I think he really senses that I'm not feeling good because he has been especially snugly lately.

We had wonderful weather this weekend, so we headed up to Salem with some family. We took Levi and his cousins on the carousel, let them play in the park, and then to the discovery center they have there (Children's Museum). Levi loved every minute! He was in heaven all day! The temperatures even reached above 80 that day, so the rest of us sunbathed. In the evening when we were back in Corvallis and Levi and I had taken naps, we went to the park near-by and flew a kite while Levi played. All in all it was a great day!


Unfortunately I think I overdid myself because even with my medicine I have been incredibly nauseated ever since. I tend to that with most things though. I'll feel alright, so I then exert any and every energy I have to do the things I want and/or need to. Then I regret it later. But it has been a fun week, and with Levi not getting out much because I am so sick, he needed a day or two to get out and enjoy the day!

That's all from us, hope you all are well!

No comments: