Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Before The Madness

So I thought I would blog a little before my super stressful ward Christmas party and dinner.  Hence the title…

Well my little Hazel Baze celebrated her first birthday this past weekend! Unlike her brother she gobbled up the cake and loved smearing it all over herself. We let her go for a little while but she was not happy at all when daddy came to take her to the bath. She loved her gifts too and received many things I know she’ll play with a bunch! Thanks everyone!

Early December 007

Early December 046

 Early December 049 Early December 061 Early December 073

Levi, in his innocence and cuteness had an adorable conversation with Justin today. Justin said, quoting an ancient Chinese proverb, “He who hurries cannot walk with dignity.” to which Levi says, “Dignity?” Justin tries to explain, but before he gets two words out Levi continues, “Dignity!! I LOVE Dignity!!!” Then he just runs off into the other room. What an adorable little boy. I am trying hard to teach him manners and to keep his cool (which is hard when mommy herself has to constantly learn to keep her cool too!). He has been learning well, one thing that is hard for him is when a show ends he would start whimpering or screaming. I finally sat him down and explained that all he had to do was come to mommy or daddy and ask ‘My show turned off, may I watch another one please?’ He nodded, and I felt he understood. I was confirmed since then because almost every time his show has turned off he will come over and say that exact phrase to me. It is a proud moment as his mom, for him and myself!

Early December 076

Early December 077 Early December 098 

Well Justin is finishing up finals and can’t wait for it to be over. He is already looking forward to summer. Although I am not too happy about this winter break for him. His boss at work failed to hire the needed people and temps for the holidays so they are short staffed already and when people take vacation time it makes it so much worse. So Justin is working almost every day this month and almost every weekend! I am not happy at all! He has Christmas Eve night, and all day Christmas off, New Years Eve night, and New Years Day off. So I should just be thankful for that.

I am prepping for my ward Christmas dinner. For those who have been following me on facebook you know some of this. I was put in charge initially of just food for the dinner (which in and of itself is a huge thing). Well the committee chair couldn’t be at the event so she appointed someone else in charge and me second (technically third if you count her) in command. Well then the woman she asked to be in charge can’t be there either. So that left me. Luckily we have an awesome committee that are working their tails off too! I am doing a ton with the food, but thankfully I don’t have to worry about music, the program, decorations, and the like. But I am conducting the meeting. So most of my stress will happen the night of when I am trying to get everything off without a hitch. I’ll let you know next week how that all goes.

Well Christmas cards are finished, kids gifts are bought and wrapped, and I’ve almost finished both sets of parent’s gifts. All that’s left now is to finish my brother’s family gift and deliver that. Oh, and I am feeding the sister missionaries in a week and teaching a lesson at church in two weeks. I know you all may be thinking I need to learn to say no, but I felt that I was supposed to do these things, so I am. I don’t question when the Lord prompts me to do something, I just do it!Early December 097Early December 094

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Christy & Chris Cole said...

im so bummed i missed her bady. but i looks like she had alota fun!! Your house looks so great!