Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Long Time Gone

First of all, I really like that song by the Dixie Chicks (my title)!

Well we have been a long time gone, and I apologize! After Halloween both my kids got pretty sick, so did Justin, so did I. Unfortunately Hazel was sick the whole time, Levi was sick for about two days, same with Justin, and I was sick after Justin and Levi were better, but I was sick for a week. So all in all we were down for the count for three weeks! Poor Hazel, she had it bad for that whole time! But we are better now, although I think Levi might be getting a cold now!


One event for us was Christmas decorating!!! Justin and I got the Christmas bug a week or so into November. So by the 20th we had all our decorations up, inside and out. We've been listening to the music for some time as well. I personally don't see anything wrong with "getting the bug" that early. I mean we are celebrating the Savior's birth, why not start early!! Justin was also really excited about putting up lights since we have an actual house type place that he can really decorate. We still have some finishing touches to do with the lights, so I will post a picture of our house when I have one.



Another major event was Thanksgiving. I invited my family over to my neighborhood clubhouse this year, which meant I was in charge. I made the assignments, and got things all set up. My main focus was the turkey. I have never cooked a turkey, so I was a little nervous. I have cooked duck and a whole chicken, but I was told that turkeys are just different. I decided that I would make a citrus turkey stuffed with lemons and oranges. I had some great help from my sister all the way from Chicago! She gave me some great advice and even calmed me down when I thought I had ruined the turkey (which I hadn't). The turkey came out great, it was super moist and tasted wonderful with just a slight hint of citrus! The whole went off without a hitch, and we were even able to catch some football! I mean Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving without some good football!!




Our last major event was a couple days after Thanksgiving when Justin's grandpa remarried. Justin's dad preformed the ceremony here in Corvallis and some family and friends travelled in for the event. He married a very nice woman named Rita, and we are so excited she is a part of our family!



Well Hazel the Baze! She, once she got past being sick, has decided that walking might not be a bad idea. She is standing a lot more, on her own that is… not holding on to things. She's been walking along furniture for a while now, and she'll push things along and walk with them. But she has made it clear she will walk when she is ready, not when mommy or daddy want her to. I was watching her one day and she actually took a step, until she saw I was watching her, then she immediately sat down and gave me this look like, 'What, I didn't do anything!' She is nearing her one year mark (two days and counting), and we are so excited for her! I think the first two or three years in any child's life is just such a fun and exciting time!




Now for the little Levi-O-Ski! He is developing quite the personality and mostly an attitude. I guess its normal for his age, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. He is mostly just like his dad and a total goofball. He says and does things that are totally crazy and just make us laugh. He has quite the imagination and will come up with totally out there ideas. Justin's mom brought over a cardboard box the other day and it instantly became his favorite toy. He has used it a ton (mostly as a train car). It is so cute to see his imagination at work!




Well I have loads to look forward to the rest of this month, including Hazel's party, Levi's first dentist appointment, I'm in charge of my ward Christmas party, and then I have several craft projects to work on for Christmas gifts! Busy, busy busy! Hopefully I can find another day to blog a little so we don't go another month!



Love you all, and Merry Christmas! Remember our Lord and Savior!


1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

Looks like you've been busy. I hope Hazel's first b-day was fun and memorable. Your kids are sooo cute!
:o)