Sunday, September 16, 2007

Children Are Gifts



Children are truly amazing! There is no doubt in my mind why the Lord asks us to be as a little child, or why He loved them so much! Today our church had what we call Stake Conference, which is where all the congregations in the area meet for one big conference. It is two hours long, and in th middle was about the time for Levi's nap. We were expecting the worst, so we came prepared. However, Levi was not happy with even what we brought to entertain him. He would whine and scream and then be fine, classic tired behavior. So, we just waited him out until the very end; we have a new determination to stick out all of church and not miss any of it. But at the very end Levi surprised me. He started singing the hymn with us (not real words, but baby talk) and then when it was over he folded his arms and said 'pray!' It was so precious, I felt so happy and warm inside! I live for little moments like that.

Yesterday we attended a University Ward Reunion at a Corvallis park. Levi loved playing with everyone and on the playground, and I enjoyed seeing so many people and hearing about their lives and what has happened since we last saw each other (which for some it was five years). Justin unfortunately didn't attend the U-Wards at the time this Reunion was for, so he knew very few people, but he made the best of it all the same and found some people to talk to... about football, what else? To those who are reading this that put the reunion together, I commend you! You did a great job and I bet you worked hard to make it happen! Thank you so much!

As for those who live for my football updates (which I know you are few out there), Neil's team (Justin's brother) won again 21-0 against the #2 ranked team in the state. West Albany was and still is ranked #1. OSU did great, as expected, against Idaho State and won 61-10. The Ducks won as well against Fresno State 52-21. My Nebraska lost to the #1 team in the nation USC, but Michigan stomped Notre Dame 38-0! I say it is time for a comeback for the ole Blue! Justin and I dislike Notre Dame and I love Michigan, so that was a great game!

Our week was duller than most but still full. We did cleaning, errands, and little things that need to be done before Justin starts school. Nothing too exciting for us. However, I do have a video of Levi singing 'Wheels on the Bus' for you all. There is no sound, but you can see the actions to 'Round and Round' for the wheels and 'Open and Shut' for the doors. He's such a cutie!

2 comments:

Marlies said...

Levi is a cutie. How old is he again? It really is fun to be a mom.

Jocelyn said...

It wouldn't have been a good reunion if so many people hadn't come, so thanks for coming! It was good to see you again!