Monday, September 24, 2007

Hectic Weekend



So Friday started it all. First thing in the morning Justin and I got ready for the day (we should have got ready for the next three days!). I headed out to garage sales with my mom and Justin headed up to Salem with Levi to pick up his sister. Then he came back and got me and we headed to Albany. Justin had some other siblings in town, so we hung out with them at his parents house. We helped a little with preparations for his brother's wedding, and played some Xbox too! Then I sent Justin out for pizza while we all set up for his surprise party. My family showed up and some more of Justin's family came too. Justin was pleasantly surprised, and loved his cake. I forgot to take pictures, so I have to wait until my sisters-in-law send me one of the ones they took. Immediately following the party Justin's whole family headed to his brother's football game in Silverton (where they creamed them 56-0). More of his family met us at the game, and we then headed home for a short night's rest.

Saturday morning we all woke up a 7:00 AM. We got ready and headed up to Portland for his brother's wedding. I was "hired" to take their pictures, and I thought I had everything taken care of. Unfortunately the tri-pod was forgotten, so I had to run to the store and buy a new one. It worked out okay because I got back just as they were coming out of the temple, and I needed a good sturdy tri-pod anyway. I spent an hour after their wedding taking pictures, and I think they turned out great! I took 400+ pictures at the temple and around 200+ at their reception. I went through the pictures since then and narrowed them down to 380 total. I think they will be happy with their photos, and I certainly am. I will be spending the next couple weeks editing the photos and making them look fabulous! Levi did okay, actually he did great given the situation he was in all day. He did have his fussy moments, but who can blame him? My parents came to the reception and offered to take him home with them. Justin and I both thought this was the best thing for him, so off he went. He did much better with my parents, and was able to fall asleep with ease at a reasonable hour. Our day on Saturday ended around 10:30 PM, when we finally crashed at home, so we are glad Levi was able to sleep before then. Due to our busy day we didn't catch any of the games on TV, but we did listen to some of the Beaver game on the radio, and we got updates on scores. My Beavers lost their game against Arizona State in the 4th quarter, but Justin's Ducks pulled out their win in the second half against Stanford. Nebraska won, Michigan won, BYU won, and Norte Dame lost... so overall it was a good football day. I just wish my Beavs would have won too.

Sunday was another early morning as we were on the road by 7:45 AM. We headed down to Roseburg for my cousin's farewell talk in church. He is heading to Argentina to serve a mission for my church. He and my Aunt gave wonderful talks in church, and I am glad we were there for it. After church we had a luncheon with the whole family (everyone who was able to make it anyway, I think there was 43 total people there). It was great to see everyone and spend time together! We were able to make it home by about 5:00 PM, which gave us the evening to finally relax! Levi did great, I think, given that he spent a lot of time in the car, didn't get to do what he usually likes to do, and was out of his normal routine. He had plenty of fussy moments and tantrums, but overall I think he was a good sport and cooperated well.

Today is Justin's first day of classes, and he goes from 8 AM to Noon. Luckily he classes are only MWF, and he pretty much had Tuesday and Thursday off. He still has work on those days, but it will be nice to have them off, I'm sure. This is the first term of many more that will lead to him becoming a Pharmacist. We have a tight schedule for him for the next three years, and he is going to be a busy man until he is all done with school. But alas, such is the life!

We are happy and healthy, and we really couldn't ask for more!

No comments: