Thursday, September 20, 2007

Union Pacific French Toast


So my own curiosity has led me to a really good recipe. It has been a long road, but I think I am getting the hang of it. First I tried those french toast sticks at Burger King and wanted to make my own. I tried several of those frozen varieties found in the store, but nothing came close to the ones at BK. I gave up trying for some time, and then once having some more at Carl's Jr. I wanted even more to make my own. My mom remembered a recipe her mom used to make for her and told me to look it up. It is called Union Pacific French Toast. I looked it up and gave it a shot. My first batch was over cooked and smoked filled the house from the oil. Through much trial and error over the next several weeks, as well as consulting culinary masters such as my mom and sister Mirinda, I think I am finally getting the hang of it. I am going to try a few more things this next time, and hopefully within a few more tries I can perfect the recipe! Thanks to all who helped me out! Oh, and for those wondering why it is called Union Pacific French Toast, its because this is the recipe they served on the old U.P. Railway trains to passengers. If anyone wants the recipe you can look it up or ask me and I'll pass it along!

2 comments:

Marlies said...

French toast for dinner yummy. You can tell when I am hungry and I don't want to cook if breakfast for dinner sounds good to me!

Marlies said...

P.S. You have my blog listed as Marlies Robinson... it's RobiSon no N. I didn't want to be married to the wrong man even if I did make fun of my last name before I ever knew it would be mine!