Sunday, November 11, 2007

More Scary than Halloween!

What a week! Justin and I both had siblings who had a procedure done this past week, and I was terrified that my sister may have lost her baby (she didn't by the way, all is okay). All experiences remind me that prayers really are answered, and the Lord really does know us all individually!
We had another scare when Justin didn't get paid nearly as much as we normally expect, and I thought we wouldn't be able to pay bills, buy groceries, etc. But again, the Lord knows me and my family, and knows our needs. An item I was selling on Ebay sold, giving us $50. I also received my refund check from my ward for some supplies I had bought for an activity, another $50. The total was $100, exactly what we were missing from the paycheck. Another reminder prayer works!
Yesterday we had probably the biggest scare ever. Remember that creepy guy I've mentioned before that lives right beneath us? Well, he has progressed to true full fledged psycho... literally! First of all, a few weeks ago he was questioning Justin about his work schedule and whether I was home alone and such. Then yesterday he told the manager that he thinks the landscaper for our complex planted a virus on his computer, and that I have been listening in on all his phone conversations as well as spying on him. With these paranoid accusations he approached our manager and asked if he could have a gun. They told him no way, not ever. His response... 'Well wouldn't you just want to go an blow people away?!' The manager told him he needed to calm down and that he was not to own a gun here. She then came and told us about this and told us if he approached us at all, call the cops. She tried calling 911 herself, but they said they can't do anything. So we locked our doors, and Justin went into Mr. Protector mode. Then we heard shots, like from an air gun. We looked out and sure enough the crazy was shooting an air gun towards the ducks (who live in the creek in our complex). We kept an eye on him for a bit and then he went back inside. Justin then headed out to take out the trash. He started calling Justin names and Justin said he had a crazy look in his eye. He then brought his cat outside and started shooting his air gun at it. When Justin came back he called him some more names, and started saying 'We're all going to die' over and over again. So Justin came inside and called the cops. He told them about three times everything he knew and experienced. Then the actual officer called us back, and he told him everything as well. At this point our managers show up at our place, and they talk to the officer too. I heard them practically begging the officer to come and talk to the crazy guy. They then informed us they had spoken with his mother, and found out he is schizophrenic. Wonderful!! We have a paranoid schizophrenic living under us! Well the cops were not helpful in the least. And the managers went to talk to him again, and he said he was going to the police station himself and left. He was back within twenty minutes, and that is when Justin and I loaded up some stuff for Levi and headed to my parents. Later that evening my manager called and said the man is voluntarily moving out within a month. So I will live in locked quarters for that month. Moral of the story... Police are no help when you really need them. Okay not entirely true, but that is how it felt!
In other news, our football Saturday went well. Michigan lost, but they could still win the Big-10 conference. Oregon had a break this week, but Oregon State won. They should have had another touchdown at the end, but the refs were calling the game in Washington's favor all night. Touchy subject with me, so I digress. Nebraska kicked butt (73-31)! And Notre Dame lost, making their season 1-9!! The first 9-game losing season since the late 1800's!!! SWEET!! Justin says he is becoming a Notre Dame fan in the sense he loves watching their games because we love seeing them lose! So other than our scary moment, we had a great Saturday!
I am giving a talk in church today, so I'm sure you'll hear about that next week. Otherwise we are well, and we hope you are too! Sorry no pictures this week.

1 comment:

Marlies said...

Wow! It sounds like the Lord is diverting funds all over the place. Check out my blog a few days ago entitled testimony 1 and you will see we were in a similar predicament. Also I understand the scary neighbor to a degree. We had a guy who I swear was dealing drugs in the next building and I wouldn't take out the garbabge because he'd be out working on his car all day with his buddies. Then there would be this psycho guy come around and every time we'd call the cops the guy would leave before the cops would get there. What I can tell you is protect your family, and pray hard for the next month and you'll make it through. Good luck!