Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween and Things



Well our Halloween went well, and surprisingly Levi didn't eat too much candy (which leaves us with lots left over). I took him to the church 'trunk or treat' where he went from car to car saying 'twick tweet' and 'tay-oo', which means 'Trick or Treat' and 'Thank You'. He wanted to go with my mom so she took him around while I handed out candy. I decided to chose the elephant costume so he would stay warm. It was a clear day, but cold. All in all, a great Halloween.

On Thursday I went up to Portland with my mom for a lunch honoring my Grandma Clark. I nominated her for Oregon Mother of the Year, so this was a lunch for all the nominees. I had a babysitter for Levi, but canceled since it was at someones house, and I thought it would be casual. However, upon arriving at the mansion estate, I quickly realized Levi would not do well, and my mom and I were under-dressed. I didn't feel out of place, as everyone was welcoming and nice no matter what. The house was enormous! I've been to places like Malibu, Beverly Hills, and wealthy neighborhoods all over, but this was honestly the biggest house I've seen. Well over 10,000 square feet I would say. Their kitchen alone was bigger than my whole apartment! It was stunning and beautiful! The family who owned it were members of my faith, and the dad was a construction owner. Levi played outside on their playground for a bit, but when it came to going inside, he wasn't happy. He screamed and squealed, which made it so I could not go inside. My mom and I left about half an hour after arriving, wishing we had just stuck with my babysitter (Justin's mom). We wish we could have stayed, but I'm just glad we got to go at all! Later that day my mom helped me to re-make my caramels and chocolate covered marshmallows (I tried on Wednesday and they didn't work out). This time they came out great!

Friday was more laid back and casual. Justin took the two cats to the Humane Society for my because I was having a hard time letting go of one of them. Now that they are gone, its easier for me to see why they had to go. In the evening my mom and dad took us to the 'Bee Movie' with Jerry Seinfeld, as a reward for taking the cats for them. It was funny, and a great movie! I wouldn't have minded waiting for the DVD to come out, but it was nice to go to a movie. Levi lasted most of the movie, and only got up and down a few times. That's encouraging! Justin's brother, Neil, had an article written about him for his local paper this week. Since then BYU has contacted him again about coming to watch him in action. Hopefully they will have something to offer him. His team won 69-0 this week as well. They are doing great, and he is doing great! The fact that he is an amazing student and wants to serve a mission as well should help with scholarship offers to BYU.

Saturday I attended Super Saturday for my Relief Society. It is two wards combined, and we do crafts and such. I made two signs for my home and finished off a statue of the Christus for my mom. A woman in the area has a vinyl cutter, so she could make all the words for our signs. It was great! I have a few other signs I want made, so I emailed her about costs! While I was doing this, Justin and Levi were in Eugene watching his brother, Hyrum's football game. He lost, but Justin said he had some great plays! Way to go Hyrum! We then watched our two favorite teams on TV. Mine lost miserably! But the Ducks beat the only undefeated team in the Pac-10! They just might be a decent team this year. It just makes me sad for my team. But alas I digress.

Sunday was nothing exciting, which brings me here. I am waiting to go to playgroup with Levi, trying to kill time. I hope you all are well and happy!

1 comment:

Marlies said...

Hey there. You've been tagged by me. Go to my blog to recieve instructions on what to do.