Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving



Well I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings! Our family did, stressful but good. We were all gathered at my parents and my sister was in town too. We came out with a broken toe and a phone call to poison control avoided! The day started out with the oven being too hot and parts of the turkey getting singed. Things seemed to move a little more smoothly after that, and the turkey turned out wonderful (thanks to Mirinda). Everyone was able to get all their assigned food done and it all turned out yummy! After dinner is when the mass chaos began. The kids were playing downstairs and adults were periodically checking on them. Well, a short amount of time went by and my niece managed to get into 409 (cleaner similar to Windex) and drink some. After looking things up and reading what to do, we didn't call poison control and just fed her bread and water to dilute it. She's doing great now, so that was the right thing to do. Shortly after that Justin went outside for a bit and as he walked past the logs the back side of the axe fell on his small toe. It hurt really bad all day yesterday, and although the pain isn't there anymore, it is black and blue and still swollen. I'm pretty sure he broke it, but there isn't anything they do for that, so he just keeps taking pain meds. He also played football yesterday (and did pretty well I'm told) and is sore from that too. Later on Levi was playing on the landing of my parents stairs and fell off a chair, no one saw exactly what happened, but from how he was laying I don't think he hit his head or anything. We gave him some Tylenol, and he was alright. No bumps or bruises. So, as I said it was a stressful day (especially with noise levels exceeding the sonic boom), but it was so nice to have family all there.


Today (the Friday after) I was up at 4 am heading to Wal-Mart to shop. I got Levi and Justin's gifts there. Then the women in my family all headed to Kohl's, where I stood in line for one and a half hours (I'm not kidding, I timed it). The line winded all through the store, it moved fast though. While I stood in line with Alicen, my sister Mirinda and my mom went to Target to get stuff there. They returned and stood in line with us for the last 15 minutes before checking out. Then we went to K-mart, which was empty compared to everywhere else we went. It seemed like any other day at K-mart. So, now I am holding my eyes open while I wait for Levi to sleep so I can. After my nap my day was still full, and I went to see the movie 'Enchanted' with my family. It was really funny. I thought it would be dumb because they were trying too hard to be funny, but it really unfolded and was great!
Saturday we spent all day at Justin's parents watching football and playing video games. BYU was playing Utah (otherwise known as the Holy War of football). It was kind of boring for the first three quarters, but then the fourth was tense. BYU pulled out a win though (sorry Skipper). The Ducks are really stinking it up now that they have lost so many valuable players to injury. It is looking more and more that the Beavers will win the Civil War!! Neil's team won the quarter finals on Friday, so now they are on to the Semi-Finals in Salem next Saturday! Way to go Neil!
Sunday we were all sick. We missed church and stayed home in bed. We just had the bug going around. We all still have a touch of it, but I can tell it is on the mend.
Well, Happy Holidays, and I hope it all went well for you all!

1 comment:

Marlies said...

I have to say that while I didn't see the BYU vs Utah game because I was on my way to a baptism I will always root for Utah. Kent has had two hometown friends play for the U and we have another friend who played, and I don't know anyone playing for BYU and aside from that I can't stand the school. I just wanted to make that clear. That is my only opinion when it comes to football.