Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Where's Percy?

Okay, so first an update from last time. My talk went well in church for those curious. However, we had an unfortunate event on the way home from church. For those who remember, we have a psycho living below us... literally. Well, he had been shooting his air gun in the direction of ducks who live at our complex last Saturday. So, on our way home we find a dead duck in our complex parking lot not ten feet from the psycho's car. Needless to say Justin and I got changed quickly and headed to my sister's house where the family was gathering for dinner. We reported this to the managers who turned the duck over to the Animal Control people. If they find a pellet in the duck, then they will be pressing charges, otherwise they'll say it was just a coincidence. We talked a lot with my family that night about our options and what we should do. Justin and I first decided we should live at my parents house until we can decide further what to do. We talked about moving and those possibilities, and that night we really talked, pondered, and prayed about what we should do for our family.
Monday we had breakfast with Justin's family and headed to my parents with suitcases packed. Justin has periodically stopped by our place to get stuff, but mostly we've just stayed away. Justin and I talked some more about whether or not we should move, and decided staying at Brooktree was not a bad idea. Neither of us felt compelled to move. We still haven't decided if we are staying at our apartment or moving to a new one, but we will be staying at the same complex. Our managers have been wonderful, and when we told them our decision (because they knew we were thinking hard about moving), they were thrilled and said they would give us December rent-free for our trouble. They also gave the guy his 30-day notice (since he has not done anything to warrant an eviction). He said he has already found a new place, so hopefully he will be gone soon. Justin and I will probably head back to our place this weekend, and again, hopefully his anger will have subsided by then. We did find out he wasn't blaming me for his invasion of privacy, but the apartment complex and its owners. He said he would sue if he could (but I doubt he ever will).
So the last few days I have been here at my parents helping out, cleaning up for company coming, and the like. Last weekend my sister gave me some old train tracks her son was not using, so I put them to good use and built a railway for Levi. I used an old board from my parents for the table, and then nailed and glued the pieces in place. Levi loves it! It is a huge hit!! Even his cousins enjoy it. I am not finished yet, so I'll put more pictures on when I am. It is a work in progress, and I only have so much time I can spend working on it. The other picture with Levi in huge gloves is from today when he found the fire gloves (used in the fireplace) and tried to help move logs in the fire (he knows what they are used for). It was so cute, and then he ran around the living room with them on. In this shot Justin is behind me yelling touchdown, and Levi is mimicking him. What a bunch of goofballs!



1 comment:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

wow, what a cute train set! Man, that is seriously scary about your neighbor...good luck, I hope everything gets worked out soon!