Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Another Catch Up...

It's been a while. I'll try and remember everything! Last Tuesday Levi got his flu shot, and so did I. Levi was a bit upset at first, but surprisingly he calmed down pretty fast. He didn't seem to have too many side effects of it in the next couple days either. He seemed sick one morning, but it didn't last more than a couple hours. He has been more irritated than usual, and I don't know if he's growing, getting more teeth, or if it is an effect of the flu shot.
This last week we also heard back about a law suit I decided to participate in. A few months ago I received a letter stating a man in Oregon was suing Staples because he felt they disobeyed laws in regards to work hours, breaks, and such. I had to agree with him, as I was asked to skip my lunch on occasion. In addition if I worked 12 hours, I only had one break and it was half an hour. I don't know the law very well, but I think that was not enough. So I sent the letter back saying that I wanted to take part in the settlement. The letter was sent out to everyone who worked for Staples in Oregon in 2004-2005. Those are the years I worked for them. So, as I said I heard back from them in the form of a $320 check! I was thrilled!! What a blessing!
On Friday we went to another game for Justin's brother. It was another shut-out, 56-0! They are such a great team! We only stayed until halftime, but right before we left Neil made an awesome play! He ran straight through the line and sacked the QB for a big loss! Way to go Neil! We also found out my sister Mirinda is pregnant! So now my brother's wife, and my sister are expecting! I am so happy for them!!
Saturday was busy! Justin went fishing with my sister's husband on the Alsea River. They had a great time and Jim even caught one fish! Justin keeps trying to hit more and more people up to go fishing with him. Levi had woke up early that morning, so no sleeping in for me! But he did take a great nap later on. Neil came over later in the day so I could take his Senior pictures (the first round anyway). It was raining on and off, which made it annoying. We got a few good shots I think, before we called it quits. We're going to take more another time. My Grandma was in town, so we all gathered to my mom's for dinner. Levi loves playing with all his cousins, and it was great to sit and relax doing a crossword with my Grandma!

On Sunday both Justin and I had lessons to teach in church. I was teaching Sunday school for 13 & 14-year-old kids, and Justin was teaching in Elder's Quorum. My class went well, and I was reminded just how snotty that age can be. They really weren't bad, but I could have used more participation from the kids. Justin said his class went well, but ended kind of slow. He said the last half of class people didn't really participate too much, and he was left feeling nervous and curious as to why they weren't talking. Levi did better in Nursery, and I think in a few more weeks he won't be screaming at all when we leave him there. After church we went to my sister Alicen's for dinner. My cousin Josh, his kids, Jim's parents, and my grandma were all there. It was Jim's birthday, so when we had cake a few more families showed up as well. The dinner was great, and the cake was excellent!

Monday morning Levi woke up early again. I had been awake for a couple hours already, so I just got up with him. I laid in his bed with him for a while, and watched some really cute behavior! As we laid there he would whisper all sorts of things. Then he started singing and doing motions to 'Hot Potato' by the Wiggles. He was still whispering, and it was the cutest thing he's done in a while! Later on that day Levi had a visit from a friend from Nursery. His family will be moving soon, so I was babysitting so his mom could get some packing done. Levi had a blast! He loved it! They ran up and down the halls talking gibberish and laughing at one another! I even caught them jumping on Levi's bed (which I have never seen Levi do before). It was great he had a little friend!
Well that's all the catching up! Hope you all are wonderful too!

2 comments:

The Deans said...

So cute! I wish that I could see that little guy more than I do. All my nephews are in Oregon :( ! Give him hug for me!!

Marlies said...

Did I understand that right? Ben's wife is pregnant? How many kids does that make for him? This isn't his first is it?