Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hectic Week!

What a week! So much has happened I haven't had too much time to keep up with it all!



On Wednesday I decided that I had a lot of stuff to get done around my apartment, and I needed to get as much done as I could that day. So I spent most of my day, cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, and the like. I brought dinner to a friend of mine who just had her baby, and saw the little guy! It just makes me want another one so badly! My time will come, I know.



Thursday was not as busy, but I found myself still doing some laundry and cleaning. I spent the evening at my parents house, and a friend of mine stopped by to hang out for a bit. Its nice to have those things break up the monotony of life.

Friday was interesting. I had promised my mom that I would take two cats to the humane society for her because they were becoming too much trouble. Well, that day had finally come. Both cats were inside and I was able to catch them with my mom's help. While helping me, my mom reminded me of how hard it was for her to give away two cats, especially to the humane society. Well, this allowed my mind to fill with all sorts of not nice things about the cats being put to sleep and such. So while I was driving, I found I couldn't do it. So I went to my house and let the cats go there. Now I have two cats, and am desperately looking for a home for them. Justin and I decided that if we can't find them a home in one week then he will be taking them to the humane society (which I found out is a no-kill place). But in the mean time, we have two cats. Levi loves it, especially when they howl. He is nice to the cats for the most part, he just loves to chase them. Friday night was our ward's Halloween party and Chili Cook-off. Our family dressed up as Betty, Barney, and Bam-Bam Rubble from the Flintstones. Levi was a perfect Bam-Bam! We tied for best costume in our ward. The other family was quite deserving as they were dressed up as Peter Pan, Wendy, Tigerlily, Captain Hook, and Tinkerbell. They looked awesome! I hoped our chili would win too (I got my sister's recipe and added my own special touch). Although everyone there told me how much they loved my chili and thought it was the best, I didn't win. Our Bishop was one of the judges, and he had told me how much he really liked mine, so I asked him why I didn't win. He politely said there were some other great chilies there too, but that mine would have won if other things hadn't prevented it. He left it at that, but I took it to mean that if I hadn't won the costume contest I would have won the chili contest. I was fine with that, and since I didn't set out to win the costume contest I was very happy with what happened! We unfortunately missed Neil's game that night because of the party, but his team won again, and we caught most of it on the radio. Since they won this game they became their conference champs! Way to go Neil!! Now on to State!



Saturday morning we headed over to Justin's parents for breakfast because his grandpa was in town for Neil's game. It is always nice to catch up with him, and he loves seeing Levi. He said his neighbor up in Bremerton (who we met a couple months ago when we were up there) keeps asking about Levi. How sweet! Justin spent the afternoon watching football, while I napped. Oregon beat USC, Oregon State beat Stanford, BYU was postponed, Nebraska lost, and Michigan won! It was a good game day. There were a lot of games that were close and fun to watch. When Levi woke up he took him to the park since it was such a wonderful day! That evening was my sister's ward Halloween party, and since she was in charge, we were invited. We dressed up differently because our other costumes would have left us quite cold. Her party was at a member's barn. She did a great job, and everything turned out wonderful, I think! Everyone there seemed to have a great time.




Today Levi finally made it through most of Sacrament meeting, and adjusted quicker to Nursery. We had our ward Primary Program, so I think that helped keep Levi's attention. But whatever, it was nice to have him quiet most of the time. This evening we carved pumpkins as a family. Levi was hesitant and didn't really want anything to do with them at first. He tried to help out a bit later, but mostly wanted to take pictures with my camera or drive his cars through the pumpkin muck. I carved his pumpkin for him, and I tried to do one as goofy as I could think of. My mom had these great lights for pumpkins that change colors, so we used two of them for Justin and my pumpkins. Levi's is the one without the special light.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Cute pumpkins and costumes! I like the color changing lights.

The Deans said...

I think that your costumes are so cute! I think that is such a great idea and Levi makes a great Bam Bam!