Sunday, October 14, 2007

Updating

What a Week! I was sick for a few days this past week, and so was Justin. Levi luckily escaped it all! I'm not sure how, since he wanted to cuddle up next to me a lot when I was sick (what a sweetheart!). But we made it through!

On Tuesday a cat that my family has had since winter of 1993 passed away. She was my family's last pet that we brought from Nebraska to here when we moved in 1994. She was old, and it really was time for her to go, but it is still a little sad all the same. So here's a photo in memory our my cat Moushie (She's the white one).


Wednesday was a day full of me feeling miserable! I was at the peak of being sick, and not liking it one bit. Levi was great, and obviously sensed there was something wrong with me. He would snuggle with me, and constantly want to be wherever I was. It was a nice change of pace! Unfortunately with me being on the couch sick, Levi watched a lot of TV. Not my ideal situation, but what are you going to do? We did go over to my mom's house for a bit, where Levi helped her make a fire. He loves the billows!


Thursday I was feeling a little better, and I was able to get a lot of things done that needed to be. We were able to watch my neice Sofia perform some cheerleading moves. She had gone to a workshop that day and then had a performance. We also went to Neil's football game because they didn't have school on Friday. They were playing my old high school, Crescent Valley, who is not known in the last seven years or so to be a good team. Needless to say, West beat them 34-0. It could have been more, but after half-time they put in their second and third strings who didn't score the rest of the game.

By Friday I was feeling much better. So on Saturday I was back to normal. Saturday morning we left Levi with Justin's parents and headed up to the temple with my sister and her husband. We did a session and then ate lunch at Claim Jumper. For those who have never been there, it is like a classy cabin setting, with a very large menu. Their food was good, but I wasn't fond of their prices. They were a little more expensive than an Olive Garden. But we were being treated to lunch, so honestly it was great! When we returned home and picked up Levi, we then headed to Lone Pine Farms by Junction City to pick out our Halloween pumpkins. We get to go on a hay ride which the kids love. They also have so many play things there for all the kids, so its great! They also have the best carmel apples ever! However, their pumpkin prices were a bit high, so we probably won't go back next year.



As for Saturday Football, we were pleasently surprised! The Beavers WON!!! They were playing Cal, which was ranked #2 in the nation. It was a tight game, but they won 31-28!! I was very excited. Oregon, Michigan, and BYU won yesterday as well. And Notre Dame lost... so it was a great game day!

Hope you all are well!

No comments: